As I have decided to create a documentary which focuses all around the history of live music in the North East and the difference in it today, upon researching, I've been unable to find an existing documentary / short film which focuses on gigs in one specific place - as they all focus on perhaps a specific event or band, not the actual place in which it's taking place. While this stands, I did research into different music documentaries which in this case did focus on either an event in particular, a certain band, or even a music label. Hitsville: The Making of Motown (2019) When it comes to music documentaries, I have always believed Hitsville: The Making of Motown to be one of the best. The documentary tells the story of the Motown label, from how it began to the late 60s. Something I admire about the documentary is that in a way it's very personal, as it involves some of the label's greatest artists including Marvin Gaye, Smokey Robinson, Stevie Wonder, and more, ...
Comments
Post a Comment