Production Diary - Interview with Tom Rees

Interview with Tom



During my second year of college I created a piece around 'Culture in the Digital Age', to which I created a short documentary, discussing the vinyl industry and how it was affected. I felt it would be interesting to include different opinions and viewpoints, especially from a musicians perspective. In saying this, I am lucky enough to have close contact with Welsh band Buzzard Buzzard Buzzard, meaning I was able to ask frontman Tom some questions ( I, in a voiceover while showing their music videos, exclaimed his answers ) whereas this time around, I wanted to elevate this. So from here, I messaged Tom explaining my idea and asked if he would be interested in participating, and thankfully he said yes. Then we exchanged different days we would both be available, then waiting for the day to come.

I was able to call Tom and record our interview, in which I asked questions that were relevant to the brief. Overall it went well, and having met Tom previously, it didn't feel like an interview but more of a discussion. I am glad I was able to have this opportunity as I believe it will really elevate my documentary overall, as now it won't just be me talking the entire time. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Second Draft and Feedback