During my second year of college I created a piece around 'Culture in the Digital Age', to which I created a short documentary, discussing the vinyl industry and how it was affected. I felt it would be interesting to include different opinions and viewpoints, especially from a musicians perspective. In saying this, I am lucky enough to have close contact with Welsh band Buzzard Buzzard Buzzard, meaning I was able to ask frontman Tom some questions ( I, in a voiceover while showing their music videos, exclaimed his answers ) whereas this time around, I wanted to elevate this. So from here, I messaged Tom explaining my idea and asked if he would be interested in participating, and thankfully he said yes. Then we exchanged different days we would both be available, then waiting for the day to come.
I was able to call Tom and record our interview, in which I asked questions that were relevant to the brief. Overall it went well, and having met Tom previously, it didn't feel like an interview but more of a discussion. I am glad I was able to have this opportunity as I believe it will really elevate my documentary overall, as now it won't just be me talking the entire time.
My first completed draft of my documentary: Feedback (focus group): Recap of Feedback - What did you like about the documentary? 'It's really well put together, I love that it was chronological for each place, really educational, now I know a lot more about live music and the bands that performed here, even if you didn't have videos you had photos, just really well put together.' 'I like the way you edited it, even without videos you were able to make the story come through, with the pictures you were able to educate people as a documentary should, the intro and outro have a nice pace, ending is very good for your professional practice.' What could I improve on? ' You could fix the voices / vocals as there's lots of white noise in the background, you can remove it on Premiere Pro to make it sound better.' 'I agree on fixing the background noise is there is a lot of white noise, also maybe adding some background music quietly as some clips do...
History of Live Music in the North East from EmmaWallace23 In my completed pitch, I discuss what my idea is and what I aim to include in my planned documentary. I go into depth on m y understanding of who my client is, as well as my potential audience - to which I will create a further survey to know more clearly. My assessment and feedback Pitch Assessment from EmmaWallace23 Upon receiving my feedback and what I had to improve on moving forward, I have since researched into existing products in depth and discussed how they will influence and inspire me when I come to create my own documentary. Upon doing this I have researched into my audience, creating a survey to find out in further detail what they like and dislike, helping me in the process as I now know exactly who my audience are and what they want to see.
Some of the footage I recorded while at the venue - This is an example of some footage that I was not able to use due to the camera being unsteady, due to not using a tripod. I was lucky in that I had enough footage to use, but to avoid this happening again and the outcome possibly being worse, I know that when I next come to film I will ensure I use a tripod, allowing my shots to be steady. Furthermore, this is an example of footage I was able to use and featured in my documentary. When filming inside of the venue, I filmed anything and everything I could, as I would rather haver too much footage than too little, since this would mean I'd have to return to the venue to film some more, but this wasn't necessary. I tried to film a range of different camera shots to show range in my filming and production, and I am happy with the outcome, as I was able to film shots like wide angle shots of the whole venue, close up shots of things like the finer details around the Empire inc...
Comments
Post a Comment